Problems with HP Pavilion dv9723cl

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by randhlmn, Jan 29, 2013.

1. randhlmn

randhlmn Private E-2

I have a HP Pavilion dv9723cl and I'm having problems with the internet connection. The switch on the front of the computer is on but there is no on light, there is only an off light when in the off position. There is also what appears to be a button on the front that has the WiFi symbol but cannot be pushed. I have downloaded all he drivers but still can't get the wireless to work. Do I need to replace the wireless device in the computer. Or is there something else I can do...

2. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

If the wireless switch on the front is on then the wireless indicator light next to it should be on and blue. The switch appears to be working because the indicator light glows amber when in the off position, which is normal. It would seem as though you have a problem with the wi-fi hardware component.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds