Problems with installation of any software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kris_85, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Kris_85

Kris_85 Private E-2

Recently I started having issues with installing software. Every attempt to install any program or codec ends up with an error message coming up that says that the program has encountered a problem and needs to close. I don't know if this is a software problem or a virus. I have no idea where to even start trying to solve this, is there anyone that can steer me in the right direction?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which Windows version you using?

In Event Viewer logs, is anything listed in an error code from when these applications fail to install, looking for some common file error.

Have you run any malware scans? READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide a good place to start with some scans and tools, if any of the scans do find malware then start a new thread in the malware forum and attach the logs.

in Safe Mode (F8 at boot) can you install any applications?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds