problems with microsoft activesync

Discussion in 'Software' started by mastermiaow, Oct 25, 2009.

1. mastermiaow

mastermiaow Private First Class

I have an XDA mini and am currently unable to synchronise. I use a USB cable and the system is XP. The problem started recently when I tried to sync after a gap of 6 months. I am getting the sound from PDA and lap top that shows things are connected and the MIcrosoft Activesync window is coming up but then I get an error message

Synchronisation cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. if the problem persists see the Microsoft ActiveSync Troubleshooter etc

I have followed all the steps in "investigate an ActiveSync connection" from the Microsoft Activesync Help menu including allowing USB connections tick box and opening all the ports listed, however I am still getting the error message.

Help!

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. mastermiaow

mastermiaow Private First Class

Yup

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Also disabled Mcaffee security centre and no difference.
    Could it be possible to send a some sort of system snapshot (can't remember the one Major Geeks uses) to give some some clue what might be the cause. I have had problems with spyware, viruses in the last few months which I have managed to solve but i am wondering if it's something to do with that...

M

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds