Problems with my dvd burner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by volmanal, Sep 10, 2004.

1. volmanal

volmanal Private E-2

I am having problems with my dvd burner on my pc.

First its specs:

AMD Athlonxp 2600
    Jetway Nvidia nforce mobo
    Pioneer DVR 107D (Flashed with 1.05 Bios)

Well I have been using this drive for about 6 months, all of a sudden the other day it just quit reading/recording DVD-R's.

It will read/Burn CD-R just fine.

I cannot even explore a dvd, or recognize it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

Did the problems start after you flashed the bios of the drive? If not then check the connections into the drive inside the computer. Reseat the IDE Connector Cable and the Power.

3. volmanal

volmanal Private E-2

nope flashed the bios after I installed it months ago, worked fine untill the other day.

4. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

Ok just gotta make sure. Did you try removing it from the device manager i.e uninstall it then see if the computer recognizes it after a restart?

5. volmanal

volmanal Private E-2

yeah removed it from the device manager and restarted my pc, still no luck guess I will try to unplug the cables later and see if that works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds