Problems with Saitek Eclipse III

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Olala, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Olala

Olala Private E-2

Hi

I recently bought a Saitek Eclipse III (3) keyboard.
    It said really simple "plug in and play" but my main keys don't work..
    I can't type. The only thing that works ironically is the volume keys, the backlight and the 12 quick buttons (which has seemed to be the problem from looking at older threads around?).

The drivers doesn't get properly installed. I end up getting a failure message that says "cannot create file when that file already exists".
    In device manager it says Unknown device and last it says something about code 28 and code 45.
    I have windows XP service pack 3 32bit if that give a better clue.

Please somebody help me, saitek wont respond to my messages and the retail store is abit far away from me where i bought it..
    I rather that that road as the last option.

Thanks in advance
    Ola

2. Bex_STS

Bex_STS Private E-2

I too have a problem with my eclipse III keys but I have the opposite problem that Olala has. I can use all my normal keys but not the hot keys that occupy the left and right side of the board. I downloaded the recommended driver but nothing. Like Olala, I have not gotten a response from Saitek regarding this problem. I also run Windows XP home. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers that Saitek recommends and turning off my anti virus to install...still..nothing. What can be the problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds