Process tab so much stuff running?

Discussion in 'Software' started by masta1, Aug 24, 2009.

1. masta1

masta1 Private E-2

Seems to be heaps running i don't need on startup, can someone take a look at these two pics and help me clean this baby out :)

WINDOWS Xp SP3:)

Regards,

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As your already managing many of those startups with a startup manager, the ones left I would disable are

SunJAVAUpdateSched
    NvCPLDaemon
    GoogleUpdate
    CTFMon and for this one you'll need to follow this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599

Personally I would be using StartupCPL to manage startups as the one your using has a startup of its own,

3. masta1

masta1 Private E-2

ctfmon didn't load?

4. masta1

masta1 Private E-2

Do i uncheck startup manager in this new program? Is that the old startup

5. DavidGP

Hi

Would need to check all the applications in your current startup manager to stop any problems uninstalling applications that have been disabled (this is one of the reasons msconfig is not advised to be used) and then uninstall that startup manager and run the startupCPL exe from the folder, I suggested the standalone on as it does not need to be run at boot, just uncheck the applications you dont wish to start and your away.

Just noticed CFTmon was still ticked in that startup and as its a pian to disable as even unticking it it still wants to load, the aforementioned KB article allows you to remove it as not needed unless you are using alternative inputs, speech or tablet.

I came across this app CTFmon Remover ages ago and just forgot about it as it automates the disabling of CFTmon.

6. masta1

masta1 Private E-2

hey halo how do i show you all my startup stuff other than what ive given? Cheers for ctf got rid of it now :)

7. DavidGP

Hi

Click Start > Run and type msconfig and then the Startup Tab and take a screenshot or use CCleaner > Tools > Startup and again take a screenshot, but cannot see you having more than what was listed in that application *startup manager*

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds