Processor pins.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThorAxe1, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ThorAxe1

ThorAxe1 Private E-2

Okay. One of my processors is missing a pin, and I was wondering if it will still work with my PC. I haven't tried starting the PC with it yet, for fear of the worst. If anyone could tell me the function of the pin in question, or direct me to a chart, naming the pins of my processor. It is an Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz processor.

2. padams

padams First Sergeant

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no. I don't think it'll work.

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

what makes you think the processor is missing a pin? There are some absent in the grid on all processors.

In any event since you haven't stated the processor details I can't show the pinout. Giive the SL number or package.

4. ThorAxe1

ThorAxe1 Private E-2

1: I know a pin is missing, I watched it snap off.
    2: I built up the courage to boot up my PC with it in, and it started fine. I'm guessing it's not used by the system.

5. PinkMan

PinkMan Private E-2

lol at "I watched it snap off"

6. noodlesis

noodlesis Private First Class

Yeah, really....

7. padams

padams First Sergeant

lol what were you doing when it snapped off?

8. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Private E-2

i have a problem my cpu has 6 pins missing i don't know if i can fix it heres a picture of it

[​IMG]\

x marks were the pins r missing

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  9. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello, Forest Gump, welcome to Major Geeks.

You really should start your own thread rather than latch onto someone else's.

Not all the pins are connected but I don't hold out much hope for 6 gone. Look here if it is Intel.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/Help.aspx

10. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Google has quite a few results for repairing them. "repairing processor pins"
    Bug

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds