program conflict

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Jan 26, 2011.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

can one use more than one imaging program like Acronis TI andWin 7 backup and restore so if one fails to recover, the other is available or will there be a conflict?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Peter

Yes you can use as many different backup applications as you like, just remember to make the bootup CDs that they need to boot to in order to load the basic application software that allows you to access your backup files so that you can restore.

I have in the past used Acronis and Easeus ToDo to backup the same PC (dont set the schedules of backups to run at the same time though), Windows own Imaging software is ok, did try it out during the beta and did a backup and recovery many a time to test a scenario on that feature.

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Your information is very helpful - thank you.
    When my pc ran awry with the restore point, Acronis and Macrium failed to recover but Win7 B + R worked well.
    I understand about scheduling and the boot discs.
    I always make the bootable cds on +- rw's as they change now and then.
    Just have to remember to erase first.:wave

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yeah Peter I do the same on the application recover boot disks and use CDRWs for that very reson I change then per update as never know whats changed, and would be a pain not to be able to recover.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds