program specific sound amplification

Discussion in 'Software' started by spanktastic2120, Aug 19, 2010.

1. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i have a desktop with desktop speakers, and some audio sources are much quieter than other audio sources. im using windows 7 which has a great sound mixer in the audio settings to make some programs quieter than others, but i need something else.

almost every youtube video is way too quiet, and i need to crank my speakers all the way up. despite having the sound maxed on the youtube player, and the overall computer sound maxed, it is still too quiet and i need to turn up my speakers. the problem is not that the speakers are set too low, not at all, i can play sound from any other source, a windows sound, something from a media player, anything, but quiet sources output quiet sound.

what im looking for is some kind of program, hopefully a shell extension, that enable me to increase the sound output from program to program, much the way windows 7 sound mixer works, but with the ability to go over 100%. please dont not tell me something about blowing my speakers out or tell me about all the cool features your favorite media player has. i need something that will control the sound output for specific programs, or at least all programs, not a media player. something like a global equalizer would work really well too.

i would appreciate any helpful advice or links you can provide, please and thank you.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It might help if we knew your sound card make/model. I know that most (if not all) of the sound cards (including on-board or built-in sound cards) that use Realtek HD Audio have a separate Realtek entry in the Control Panel where you should be able to do exactly what you're trying to do . . . I can't say for sure, but it's worth a shot....

3. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i know its onboard, i think its Creative, because the software for it is called "Creative" whatever, and it has a normalizer option, but it just makes everything fairly quiet, it doesnt work well for things that are supposed to have large volume differences like movie explosions or song intros or something. it has a lot of really great features, but they all mostly apply to virtual environments and bass boosting and the like.

thanks for the suggestion, but im quite certain its a dead end, im very familiar with the sound card/onboard sound software.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds