Programming Advice please

Discussion in 'Software' started by OceanWolf, Jul 5, 2011.

1. OceanWolf

OceanWolf Private E-2

Hello

I have a problem i am trying to solve and would like some advice please.

History is always helpful so heres the background and issue.

Game i play online has a dedicated server program that you double click to open and then have to select a START button to launch the program so the server becomes LIVE so all can play the game on the serverbox.

Problem is simple the dedicated server program is manually started and i would like to make a program that AUTOBOOTS the server every morning or ever 24hrs so the server does not collect to much data and crash offline till manually rebooted ( this happens if left running for 3 days or more

So ,

What program should i use?

I have noticed the server program once opened is full screen to what ever the res of the monitor is and the START BUTTON is always in the same location on the screen

My idea is to write a simple program that on a timer runs 24hr loop , first double clicks a icon on the desktop then waits afew seconds then clicks a co-ordinate on the screen and then counts the full 24hrs then clicks close down server and then Start button again repeating the 24hrs timer

Do i really need to learn Visual basic or C++ to do simple co ordinate clicks ?/ Selection points or is there a program that already can do this for me and save writing the program.

Any help is great , thank you for a smart website i lost my last login so sorry for the new member post thingy

Best Regards
    Tony

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  3. foogoo

Update: forget macromaker it needs a key press to run. The Jibit program doesn't & it compiles into an exe, I own it and use it to do repeative tasks, it is the best. It has an internal timer, but I'd still use Windows or somethings else to count 24hrs.

You could just script a kill task to end the program, then run a macro to lauch & click it to restart.

Another piece of software that would work is IntstantEXE, it can stop & start programs and has a macro recodrer.
    http://www.instantexe.com/

4. foogoo

No it has a scheduler, sorry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds