Programs won't load on startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by dsbnh, Apr 12, 2004.

1. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

I rebooted after the computer froze when I tried changing the settings of the restore feature, after that the firewall won't load by itself and neither will Avast resident shield. Also I had unintalled the Ace Mega codec pack, if that has anything to do with it. The only unusual things I saw running were msiexec.exe which i didnt have before, but that's all.

I also just checked the startup tab on msconfig and all programs are gone from that listing except two, Spyguard and MS office.

2. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

Ah, sorry about that, done hopefully it will show. I had to turn off system restore for a complete virus scan so I don't have any, but I guess I will take other measures.

3. highly_volatile

highly_volatile Private First Class

I can see dsbnh's specs in his signature.

:)

4. dsbnh

dsbnh Private E-2

No need to worry, I reformatted because apparently other things were acting up as well. I will keep on the lookout for that trojan you mentioned however. Now I am starting clean with all the components Xflat recommended in a previous thread, one curious thing SpyGuard did not start up so I tried installing it again AFTER I installed Spy Blaster and it worked. Something about a file missing, strange.

Thank you for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds