project nightly

Discussion in 'Software' started by psychedelicmaniac, Dec 27, 2011.

1. psychedelicmaniac

psychedelicmaniac Private E-2

hi
    those with a 64 bit system should try out the 64 bit browsers:palemoon and nightly,the last from mozilla foundation,they are amazing and super fast.i will never use chrome or firefox again but that is just me,i should mention that they are still in the only for testing use.

kind regards psychedelicmaniac:)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Yes I have used 64bit browsers for a number of years and still find Internet Explorer 64bit ok, I have used Nightly and its predecessor Minefield for a number of years, they are good, quick but they are not even beta and as an alpha version of software I would not rely on them fully, especially for secure surfing as in banking, shopping etc.

If you want a build that is beta and more stable with tested features that should work with many websites then Aurora is the one over Nightly as Nightly has updates that are not tested and thus why its updated daily.

If you are a fan of add-ons then dont expect them all to work with Nightly or even Aurora as they may not have been updated, due to the process of needing to update an app potentially each time a new build is released, due to beta/alphas being kinda unstable at times.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds