Proper Temperature of Hardware?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leadster618, Jan 16, 2008.

1. leadster618

leadster618 Private E-2

Hi everybody, recently I was playing a game "Trackmania Nations" on my laptop, and the laptop apparently overheated (its within system specs). The laptop just shut down completely and I ended up waiting to restart it. It then told me that windows shut down...blah blah becuase of overheating. A few days later it did it again while playing the same game. And then today it was on the brink of doing it while I was doing a 3d model rendering (I'm an industrial design student). Anyways I am using a program speed fan to see the temperatures of my computer and right now, (with only opera and speedfan running here are the temperatures:

HD: 36C
    Temp 1: 56 C
    Temp 2: 77C
    Core O: 91 C
    Core 1: 91 C

the icons say that the bottom for are considered "hot"
    is this too hot? I can alter the temperatures in which the fans kick on, so what should they be set at if I do? My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T60p with an intel centrino duo processor, 1 Gb of Ram, and a 512mb video card...

hope anyone can help!

2. candive

candive Corporal

1.) Are the vents clean and clear of obstructions including your lap.
    2.) Have you used any overclocking programs.
    3.) To open task manager press "Ctrl+Alt+Del"
    4.) Choose "Processes" left click on "CPU"
    Is "svchost" running over 30% when you do not have any programs running.
    Choose "Performance" is your cpu running over 50%
    If you don't mind the noise I would have the fans run at 30 C until you find the culprit.

3. candive

candive Corporal

I have a Toshiba Laptop Dual core2. Centrino Duo
    I have been running video, Windows Media Play with Graphics full,
    for approx 1 Hour.

Here are my temps,

HDO: 29C
    Temp1: 29C
    Core 0: 28C
    Core1: 28C
    Core: 55C (marked as Hot)
    Ambient: 44C

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds