Protection Error 103 with Nero

Discussion in 'Software' started by Roy Mustang, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Roy Mustang

Roy Mustang Private E-2

I got a DVD burner for Christmas today and installed it without any problems. I found a program that will convert .avi files to DVD format so I can burn them to work in my living room DVD player. I'm using Nero 6. When I try to add the video file to be burned, I get an error with the title Protection Error and it says "error 103" in the message box. It shuts down Nero completely after I click it. I did some checking on the web and found it may have something to do with my permissions not being set right. I don't know how to modify those. I'm running WinXP Home SP2.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm not sure about your error, but for converting .avi to DVD for home player playback, I use DVD Flick. It will convert just about any file format to DVD, and burns it, all in one program. All you have to do is put a blank DVD in your DVD burner, select the .avi file, verify a few settings, and click Create DVD, and then wait a bit. The next thing you know, you have burned DVD ready for big screen TV! DVD Flick is 100% free to download and use. Get it here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/DVD_Flick_d5530.html and download the how-to guide in .pdf format from here: http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php I've been using DVD Flick for over a year, and NEVER had a bad disc. Plus it's really easy to use. I'll look into the error you're getting with Nero; I also use Nero6 all the time, and never really have any trouble with it either, but I'll see if I can help....

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds