Prototype Bug

Discussion in 'Software' started by J J, Feb 20, 2010.

1. J J

J J Corporal

ok the history first. my last computer was a:
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+
    2GB OCZ Platinum
    XFX 7950GT (512MB RAM)
    I could play it at medium settings and resolution and get around 30-40 FPS

New computer:
    AMD Phenom II X4 955
    4GB OCZ AMD Black Edition
    MSI Radeon HD 4890
    Brand new Corsair TX850W

i figure it'd be plenty to run it maxed out so i set everythign up and start my game up.... 15 fps. disappointed, but i lowered the settings to original and still... 15 fps. looked over at system stats. using 80% of 1 core and 2-3% of my GPU power.

I've tried the disable the HID work around to no avail does anyone have a WORKING fix for this yet or is it just a outa luck moment?

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Honestly I have not ecountered this bug, I played through most of the game on an X2 6000+, 2gb ram and an ATI x1950pro and it ran fine.
    I will install it again maybe later or tomorrow, I've been meaning to now I have more graphical power so I'll see how it runs maxed out as I never even tried on my old card.

I'll let you know.

BTW what OS are you using?

It might be something other than the game though, I had a lot of problems getting my 4890 to run properly although mine is Sapphire, have you tried any other games?

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Do you have the latest driver for that card? The one that was released just a couple of days ago?

Also, is DirectX fully up to date in every way?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds