Proxy refusing to connect

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ComputerNube, Oct 14, 2010.

1. ComputerNube

ComputerNube Private E-2

Hey so all of a sudden i got an update for mozilla or a program i cant remember what im pretty sure it was mozilla or avg but my internet stoped working right after. It now says my Proxy is refusing to connect check proxy setting etc... Ive checked the setting and they seem fine. I opened up another browser and that one said the same thing. My connection is fine and on my other account on my computer everything works fine. Pls help thanks

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Probably some sort of malware setting you to use a proxy that doesn't exist, would recommend you try the malware forum read me.

3. Retirednow

Retirednow Private E-2

Try this, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

4. ComputerNube

ComputerNube Private E-2

That was the first thing i did because ive had this problem before and mozilla fire fox seems to be fine i think all the settings are correct it is not going through any proxy so that doesnt seem to be the problem ill run some computer scanners and see what happens

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds