ps/2 mouse port not working...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shonuff5, Oct 3, 2005.

1. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

I've tried 3 diffrent mouses and still not working. USB mouse works fine. Is my MB damaged or is this some type of virus causing my computer not to recognize any mouses?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Make sure it is not connected to the (identically-sized) PS/2 keyboard connector.

Steve

3. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

Its pluged in the correct port, they have pictures and matcg by colors.

BTW, im a huge Vols Fan, i live in knoxville.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK.

Good to have another UT fan onboard. :)

Steve

5. david1

david1 Private E-2

ttheres a jumper on the board that can shut off ps2 ports

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Thats a wild guess as you don't even know the motherboard used, checked all 3 of mine and no such jumper exists, one line ill thought out replies will only cause more grief/stress/frustration to an already for most people stressful time when their PC is not behaving as it should be.

7. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

is there a known virus out that causes this to happen maybe?

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Have you tried shutting the computer down, then plug the mouse in and start the system?

Steve

9. DavidGP

Delete USB mouse from device manager, do as Steve says above and plug your PS2 mouse in then boot up.

10. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

it worked for about a minute and then quit again. Also its not showing up in device manager. I've tried three diffrent ps/2 mouses and none of them show up in device manager.

11. DavidGP

Do you still have/had the USB mouse plugged in, when trying the above both myself and Steve posted?

If so remove the USB mouse driver from Dev Manager and shutdown, unplug it and plug your PS2 mouse in and reboot.

12. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

No i removed the usb mouse like you said to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds