psu/neon light soutisde of a computer, crazy i know!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BenUk8905, Mar 20, 2006.

1. BenUk8905

BenUk8905 Private E-2

hi guys, me again!

A lovely question for you this time, well its more my curiosity more than anythings else. . . to the point, i am wundering if it is possible to run case modding cathode/neon lights of a psu that isnt in a computer? so its pritty much psu plugged into mains, with neon lights attached to molex connector?

Im a man who likes to chill out, so a bit of mood lighting wouldnt go a miss in my books! lol

Thanks

Ben.

2. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

I can't see why not, the only difference is that they're outside the metal box with the window in the side :). Best to make sure the PSU is seated somwehere it's not likely to overheat (room for fans to exhaust).

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Sounds expensive to me :eek: Even though you dont have much connected to the power supply its still drawing far more ac than you will ever need to light up a few neon bulbs,which will be expelled as heat from the psu fan

A cheaper option is to get an old 12v adapter for a scanner or printer and wire them up to that :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds