pure virtual function errors and .ocx file

Discussion in 'Software' started by notech, Feb 25, 2006.

1. notech

notech Private E-2

Two questions....

Has anyone had anyluck with registry fix/clean programs resolving 6025 pure virtual function errors and what is an .ocx file? thanks.

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

What application are you running when the 6025 error comes up ?
    What version of Windows are you using ?

You should have little trouble googling the word "OCX" and find and explanation.

3. notech

notech Private E-2

I am running Windows Media Player (ME) when I get a R6025 pure virtual function call. Can play what I upload from my cd and the radio programs but cannot play what I download from the net. Remember googling ocx. but don't recall getting any betting understanding.

4. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

What version of Media Player ? (And again what version of Windows ?)
    Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Media Player ?

Definition - OCX

5. notech

notech Private E-2

Sorry, I am running Media Player 9 and running windows ME. Thanks for the definition link..still greek to me. Have tried to install and uninstall on many occasions.

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

Install/uninstall what?

Do ALL videos cause this error?

Not sure if this will work on ME or not:

Click START, RUN type in: mplayer2 (press enter).

Does the video play fine with this program?

7. notech

notech Private E-2

I appreciate the replies and am sorry that I am a bit slow on the uptake in giving correct information to those trying to help. I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall windows media player 9 on many occasions but get the same r6025 error. The video on the player seems to be fine based on what I see on the screen. Have not tried to play a video from my external drive or anything like that. I will try the last suggestion. Again, I appreciate the effort and you patience.

notech

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

No problem! We are here to help YOU out!

Looking forward in hearing from you again!

9. notech

notech Private E-2

Ok, I'll try again. I did the search wplayer2 and it will open the media player. But, my question is about audio files. When I open Windows Media Player (9) with Windows ME from my program list the player will open. It will allow me to play the radio stations that are bundled with it as well as music which I have uploaded from my c drive to the wmp libraray. What it will not do is play a song which I have purchased and downloaded from any music site. It is then that I will get the R 6025 pure virtual function call error message. I've searchd the media player site and they refer to the r 6025 error but none (as I am able to find) refer to the error when playing a wmp audio file. For instance, there was an example of a similar error message when someone tried to open a "money" program file. There are explanations of pure virtual function call errors having to do with programming language errors or something in that realm. Strange. In any event it's all beyond me and I was hoping there was a simple solution. As best I can tell it is not virus, spyware, etc. related. Other than that, my computer seems to be running relatively well with few other probs. Again, sorry for the poor explanations and thanks for your efforts.

notech

10. notech

notech Private E-2

Well, for once maybe I can help someone who may be having a similar problem. After much angst, I decided to call the music download company. After a few questions and what literally was no time at all, the support person directed me to access some files and delete file (DVP or something like that) which she said was corrupt. I guess this file is a licensng file and as it was no good the files I downloaded would not play as they was no license to do so. In any event, after simply deleting that file, all downloaded files would play. So, if anyone has a similar problem in Windows Media Player, I would suggest they call the company from which they purchasing music and hopefully the solution will be as something as simple.

notech

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds