Pushing an install through network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BulletSponge62485, Dec 2, 2008.

1. BulletSponge62485

BulletSponge62485 Private E-2

I am wanting to install a couple of programs onto each computer within our network. I was wondering if there was a way to do this without going to each individual computer and installing the software manually?

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

there is a way to do that via group policy on a win 2000 or 2003 server environment. Its a lengthy chapter in my MCSE book though. try googleing software deployment with group policy.

3. BulletSponge62485

Thank you. I tried doing some searching on google before posting this thread but just couldn't get the terminology right to find what I was looking for. Thank you very much, you just saved me a lot of headache.

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

glad to help. if youre looking for more info on server stuff, specifically this subject, the MCSE 4-book trainer kit is a great reference. exam 70-294 study book is where youll find this subject.

5. BulletSponge62485

I will look into getting that then. I am very new to this server stuff and have just kinda been thrown into this job without any training. Thanks again!

6. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

well you know where MGs is if you have more questions n stuff. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds