quality of service (qos)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Adx87, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Adx87

Adx87 Private E-2

I'm having trouble using my d-link router (version dir-615) it isn't the gaming router so there is no built in qos but when i look at the internet session tab for the router it says there is a priority on each session going in and out (priority=255). How can i increase my priority for voip. does it have anything to do with my subnet mask?

2. JPSchwartz

JPSchwartz Private E-2

Your subnet mask has nothing to do with priority or QOS. If the router does not support QOS, there is not much of anything you can do to change the priority on the queue, even if it still gives you some reporting.

3. Adx87

Adx87 Private E-2

is there any firmware that anyone knows of that i could flash onto my d-link router that would have qos?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds