question about a gaming pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by psykojojo, Apr 7, 2011.

1. psykojojo

psykojojo Private E-2

Hey guys, I'm a huge gamer but I know very little about pc hardware, a guy wants to sell me his gaming pc (or atleast he says it's good for gaming) for around $600 and I just wanted to know if I'm getting a decent deal. I play games like the witcher, some mmo's and shooters (although I stick to my consoles for shooters)

AMD Phenom II x4 820 Deneb Processor with 4mb level 3 cache.
    Gigabyte motherboard with 880 chipset, onboard hdmi, and expandable to 16gb of memory.
    Cooler Master Hyper TX3 HSF.
    4 gigs of A Data ddr3 1333 memory. Latency 9.
    XFX HD5770 video card with 1gb GDDR5 dedicated memory.
    600 watt power supply with single 36 amp 12v rail, 80+ efficiency, dual pci-e connectors, and three year warranty.
    1tb Seagate Barracuda sata hard drive.
    Very nice Cooler Master Elite 430 case with clear side window, bottom mount power supply, 3 120mm led fans, and bays available for 3 more fans.
    24x sata dvd burner.
    Media card reader.
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system.

2. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Yeah I'd say $550-$600 is fair for that setup. New would probably be higher just due to the cost of Win 7.

Sam

3. psykojojo

psykojojo Private E-2

Thanks alot brother, I appreciate it. One question though, would something like this be easiy upgradable? my brother-in-law told me that it wouldn't cost very much to beef it up.

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

5. psykojojo

psykojojo Private E-2

6. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If it breaks, will the seller help you claim warranty or help you fix it? Not every hardware manufacturer will extend their warranty coverage to the second owner of the pieces.

Aside from that, that's a decent rig for $600, especially if he includes Win7 (make sure it's done legally!). It will be plenty for the games you like.

7. psykojojo

psykojojo Private E-2

thanks man, helps ALOT

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds