Question About Ddr400

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrianBakerOrlando, Oct 25, 2005.

1. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

Ok,heres my question.I have 2 512MB Super tallent memory modules,1 of them has modules on 1 side,and the other has modules on both sides.I am trying to get my PC to run in dual channel.I have read my Owners User Guide and know how to setup my modules on the board to run in dual channel.
    My question is,If a memory STICK has modules on both sides is it a dual channel stick of memory?
    I want to know because if i already have 1 stick that is dual channel,then i can just go but the same stick and have a dual channel setup..I did put just the one STICK that has modules on both sides in my pc and Ran CPUZ,but it still said i am single channel,so i refered to my Users Guide and looked up the 3 ways to set my PC up in dual channel,and it does not show a way to set it up with just one stick,i have to have at least 2~4 sticks in order to operate in dual channel.Does this make sence?
    MSI 865PE Neo-2 Platinum
    2x512MB ddr400
    P4 3.06HT
    2x80GB WD 7200 SATA
    Windows XP Pro SP2

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

The one stick you have is doulbe sided memory not dual channel. There are single sided memory and double sided memory. Dual channel memory is two matching memory sticks usually tested at the manufacture to run together.example
    ZipZoomFly

3. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

Once again you came through,thanks man,i currently bought another one of the same modules,and BOOM im in dual channel mode now,im not sure how much performance gains i will have,simply because i do not have any benchmark programs. I guess i'll have to judge it by eye..lol Thanks man

4. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds