Question about Firefox Mozilla launching unwantedly

Discussion in 'Software' started by Texan, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Texan

Texan Private First Class

I had to install Firefox Mozilla because for some reason I can't stay logged into a message board forum. (Just one, all the other work fine.) So I just need it for that one site and I want to keep using IE for everything else.

Anyway, now every thing seems to be launching the Firefox Mozilla browser. My Yahoo and Gmail email icons and many other programs that launch webpages, opens in Firefox Mozilla.

How can I fix it to open IE as my default browser?

Thanks!

XP Home
    SP2

2. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

try this, open IE and then select tools,internet options,programs, then check the box at the bottom that said "internet exployer should check to see whether it is the default browser", then the next time you open IE, it will ask you if you want it to be the default browser then select yes.

3. Texan

Texan Private First Class

Thanks MellowMan. You solution worked! :)

helloimtim, I appreciate your recommendation. I had not heard of that one. I do not need any more browsers right now but I saved you post in case I decide to try another browser.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds