Question about Intel CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dlb, Sep 19, 2011.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I guy I know says he has some Intel i9 processors for sale. Some quick research tells me that these were rumored about and discussed heavily amongst the enthusiast crowd back in 2009, but I can't seem to find an official release date, and it seems that the i7-980x has been labeled "aka i9" by some sites. A search of Newegg for "i9" found numerous i3, i5, i7, and other non-i processors, but no "i9". Is there a true Intel i9 CPU?

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I never heard of it. The next gen i7's due soon are still called i7's.:confused

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

wiki explains it. Which flavours of does he have and are his prices competitive?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah, exactly why I posted here.

Which wiki article? I read a few different ones and couldn't find any reference to an i9 anywhere (OK- I didn't really read everything, more like I skimmed :-o ). As to pricing and variety: I don't know just yet - I thought he was full of :crap when he said "i9" so I blew it off and kind of "put it on the back burner". If/when I get some solid info, I'll send ya a PM if ya like.

Some links to the Wiki articles you mentioned would be nice... ;)

5. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds