Question about SUPERAntispyware program

Discussion in 'Software' started by saaz, Mar 2, 2008.

1. saaz

saaz Private E-2

Greetings,

I have been running this program for the past 34 hours and it is still going! I am almost at the 10 million file count; is everything working alright? It has not detected any bugs yet and has not generated a log. This is the first time i am using this software and I am not familiar with its idiosyncrasies.

Your feedback is much appreciated

Tnks.
    Safa :confused

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

10 million files seems excessive but do you indeed have alot of files maybe spanning a few hard drives as you may well have 10m files.

Superantispyware is generally quick in its scanning but can take hours dependent of how many files it has to scan, how far has the scan got in % terms?

3. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I have that program to, a quick scan only take 10 minutes a have 250G harddisk almost full......

How many harddsik do you have ???

4. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Private E-2

Hello - are you running the 4.0.1154 version of the software? If not, you should uninstall - then re-install and try that version. If you still have a problem, let me know and we can look into it.

Nick Skrepetos
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com
    http://www.superantispyware.com

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Nick

Many thanks for jumping in on this one, always good to have the devs input.

6. saaz

saaz Private E-2

Hi Nick,
    Thanks for your respomse, this whole thing came about after encountering a tenacious malware in my system. After much research I found the following link with a similar problem discussed:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127217

I started the procedure as prescribed by chaslang, and you know the rest!!

The program seems to be 4.0.1154 according to the download info., I have 2 HD, C has 31GB used of 363GB; partition D is recovery, the secondary is only a storage space with 9GB used of 149GB.

Thanks for your help.

7. saaz

saaz Private E-2

There are no % count, the memory Items and Registry Items have been scanned with 0 Detection, but it is hung up on file Items and keeps going with 0 detection so far!

8. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

have you restarted it? are you still letting it run? if it were me, i'd stop the scan reboot, and try it again. if it's still a problem, i'd uninstall/reinstall the program, and try it again. g/l

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds