question about users accounts in ADUC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cgsit, Feb 10, 2009.

1. cgsit

cgsit Private E-2

Hey
    I was hoping someone can answer me with this problem I am having.
    I have 5 users accounts in one network domain. I have two different location, 2 different pc. The two PC has two different email address that receive different information. I want to have one user go to the first PC at the first location and receive that location's email, I want to have outlook be configured to receive just that location's emails. The next day he will be schedule to go to the second location and when he signs in to windows I want the outlook to be configured already and have it set up to receive the second location's emails.

Is there like a log on script I have to create? or is there like something I can do in Active Directory or any other solution to make this possible or if it is possible?

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

just set up user accounts for those two locations. account1 set up with the email address for site1, account2 set up with the email address for site2. then give the account info to the users involved. think that would work out for you?

3. cgsit

cgsit Private E-2

just set up user accounts for those two locations. account1 set up with the email address for site1, account2 set up with the email address for site2. then give the account info to the users involved. think that would work out for you?

Yeah I know i can set up the user accounts for the two location. The problem is that he might even move to a third or fourth location. I have 40 location that contains one or two pcs that are connected to my network. I want the agent to have all his configuration set up every time he signs in a different computer. Like for outlook, I was thinking of having him contain different profiles that are from each location that he can choose of but I want the outlook to be configured automatically without having me come to the location and set him up.. confusing I know. I just trying to see if there is a script or maybe something in Aduc that i have to set up for the user to have everything.

The reason why I am posting this is because when the user is set up in one location he works fine, but when he goes to the second location and try to open Outlook, it installs and then wants my user to configure his email which is my job to do. His documents and other files wouldn't be there either. Hope that clarifies what I am trying to say.

4. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

i take it you dont have any kind of webmail service set up? only other way you could do that is with a login script im thinking. something like if <user> logs on to <machine> then load <profile>. the profiles would have to be configured with the emails address for each site. youd probably have to log in using each profile to configure it with each email address. assuming you have a PC naming scheme that would allow it, and you know how to script with VB or something.

this is just an idea, not saying itll work out perfectly. other than running a script though, i really dont think you can do something like that. if you figure it out, let me know. PM or post back here because id like to know as well. im a net admin too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds