Question about Windows Vista Firewall settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by rickyny, Sep 25, 2008.

1. rickyny

rickyny Private E-2

I'm sorry guys but I most be stupid because I don't get this:

I have Vista home premium and I was looking at the Windows firewall setting, and under the exception tab it list a bunch of programs or ports and it says "to enable an exception, select its check box".
    But all the boxes are empty with no check marks in it...so this is what I don't understand: Is the empty box an exception or it needs to have a check mark in the box to be an exception. I want my firewall to block all the things that it list there.

Thank you!

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. rickyny

rickyny Private E-2

yes Wildwolf the notifyme has a check mark on
    Are the other things listed and the exception tab blocked if they are not checked?

4. wildwolf220

5. rickyny

rickyny Private E-2

wildwolf I know is kind of late, but thank you for helping me. Your last responce answered my question!!
    Thanks again

6. wildwolf220

Your welcome:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds