Question for 7600GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jetaylorpb, Jul 8, 2006.

1. jetaylorpb

jetaylorpb Private E-2

I just picked up the PNY Verto 7600GT. PNY says on their site that the card has speeds for 560 core and 1.4 memory rate, Newegg also had it listed as 560/1400.

I am looking at the nvidia control panel and it's telling me the card is set to 560/700. For poops and giggles I tried to auto overclock and it only got to 587/762. I don't need to tell you this is no where near 1400.

Curiously the box it came in said 7600GT but the product code on the card is VCG7600GXPB.

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

I am looking at the nvidia control panel and it's telling me the card is set to 560/700

It's because it DDR2 you have to double what you see so two times 700 is
    1400 :)

DDR2= Double Data Rate.

3. jetaylorpb

jetaylorpb Private E-2

Thanks. I was wondering if I got sent the wrong product but I couldn't find any mention of a gx series 7600 any place.

Edit: Kind of brings up another question. The memory on this is gddr3 - what does the 3 stand for? 3rd generation or something like that?

4. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

It mean faster ram again...

DDR3= Triple Data Rate

So if you see 400 it's 1.2 G ram speed.....

5. wedge37

wedge37 Private E-2

That can't be...DDR stands for double data rate, so having DDR3 would mean it was third generation DDR memory, logically...

6. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds