Question Kaspersky IS 2015 or BitDefender IS 2015 on a laptop?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Valiantius, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Valiantius

Valiantius Private E-2

Hello and good day to all!

Just have a question for anyone that could possibly help me out a bit, I am in the process of putting Windows 7 on Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5104 laptop with an AMD E-300 APU @ 1.3GHz and 4Gb RAM, and was curious as to which IS software would have the laptop running better with its slower CPU speed. I have heard mixed views on Kaspersky IS using a lot of resources and slowly a system down, but I have not run into that myself, granted my systems with it are custom builds with at least an i5 and 8Gb RAM.

But another thing to add is that this laptop is a coworker whom is not too knowledgeable when it comes to popups to allow a program through a firewall, or about any malware popups, so any popup heavy programs I am not looking to throw on here. He is just a standard web surfer and user of ebay and craigslist, so I am just looking to be sure he is good to go for a while.

Anyone's views on this are appreciated.

2. crookedbandit

crookedbandit Sergeant

ben using Kaspersky very long time on my different 'putters w/no problems, it uses lot of resources for protection (if its set up right) I'll keep it 4 ever. never had a virus get thru
    (knock on wood)

3. Valiantius

Valiantius Private E-2

I believe he will be fine there, I have installed Comodo Dragon along with IceDragon using Comodo's servers always and popup blockers and security addons to help with that. I have also on there quite a few things in that list including MBAM and Anti-Exploit(not in list and both paid eds.), and SpywareBlaster (with auto-update), and Windows Update is set to auto-install all updates. and instead of CCleaner I have Wise Care 365 Pro on it to auto clean traces and keep it running smooth.

Hence why I was just looking for a good IS software that wont bombard him with popups, and wont kill the performance and BitDefender and Kaspersky fit that list. Ill have to renew my license with Kaspersky soon, but BitDefender I have for just about 2yrs remaining.

4. Valiantius

Valiantius Private E-2

Nope not both installed, and I like Wise Care a lot, bought it a while back for $9.99 for a 3user, and liked it ever since. Even updated it to a lifetime license, and I own a couple of them. It may be a waste of money to some, but for non tech savvy people, it comes in handy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds