Question on Avast!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Outlawstar15a2, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

Is there anyway to automate, via a config file, a default response to found infections during a on-demand scan? Avast takes several hours to scan my hard drive during a through scan so I usually leave it on during the night and just go to sleep sometimes I wake up half way through the night and have to deal with the dialog box that pops up when a infection is found.

My question is can I automate that response so it goes through without stopping?

2. lifetweaker

lifetweaker Private E-2

From the Avast Forum:

"In the Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" when the first virus warning appears, select the "No action" button. This way, no action will be taken and you will given the results at the end of the scan (and you can perform actions from there)."

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds