Question on Overclocking my AMD 64x2 5000+ Black Edition

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by metaknight17, Dec 23, 2009.

1. metaknight17

metaknight17 Private E-2

Hello all,

I recently gave a shot at overclocking my AMD 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition cpu to 3.0GHz, and problems arose. The motherboard I'm using is the ASUS M3A model, and the ram is 2gb DDR2 800. From the BIOS, I changed the multiplier from x13 to x10 and then changed the FSB from 220 to 300, and upon system reboot there were memory errors. I bluescreened and gave up, restoring everything to default settings. So I come to you for assistance; is there any way to overclock this cpu to 3.0ghz without getting memory errors (or any errors), or does my rather outdated motherboard make it impossible to do so? Thank you very much for your help.

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds