Question re: FF Yahoo toolbar.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Strange1, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

I may have broughtthis up before but here goes..............I have a yahoo toolbar on my FF browser. It has an anti-spyware feature. When I attempt to run the anti-spy feature it come up with a page that says I need to update my toobar to a newer version. When I do this it it starts to install then advises me that I already have a newer version in place. So I exited the set up and when I tried to run it again the same situation. This time I said do not exit the setup and installed whatever version they had. After that, the same situation. I CANNOT run Yahoo toolbar's anti-spyware using the FF browser. However, I can with IE. What am I doing wrong? BTW I have XP Home for OS. The system is 4600 Dell with cable broadband access. Thanks

Jack

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Its not you Jack.. the firefox yahoo toolbar has a "feature" of not being fully compatible yet, many more people are expiencing the same.

temp workaround seems to be you can run the scan manually by creating ( or double clicking ) a shortcut to the yspr.exe file in the C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR folder, until an update comes out, yahoo are aware of the issue, so I should be soon!

3. Strange1

Strange1 Staff Sergeant

Hey thanks, Halo. I'll just be patient then.

Jack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds