Question: XP Installation (F6 Drivers)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hyphen, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Hyphen

Hyphen Private First Class

I recently purchased a floppy drive as I have a fairly new computer that needs drivers during the XP installation. I plan to install XP on my 2nd hard drive, which is IDE. Here is information about my current RAID, on this hard drive:

I am searching for the NVIDIA RAID driver that I need and I find this page: http://www.radarsync.com/driver/d261976-nvidia_nforce_raid_controller

The download here is 60MB... a floppy is... 1.44MB. What am I supposed to do?

2. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

Where is this RAID controller located? An add-in card, or integrated with the motherboard? If a card, it should have come with a floppy, or a CD with a floppy maker. If not disk, determine the make and model number of the card and go to their website for the latest drivers. If on the motherboard, go to the motherboard or PC maker's website and look for specific drivers for that board. If this is a custom built PC, the motherboard should have come with a utilities disk that will have the necessary drivers to put on floppy.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds