questions installing an AGP card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wiggy05, Aug 28, 2007.

1. wiggy05

wiggy05 Private E-2

I have an older computer, Sony Vaio PCV-RX470DS. I wanted to upgrade the video card and found a good deal on one but now I am not sure if I am installing it correctly or it if it is even compatible. The card I purchased is: SAPPHIRE 100148ADVL Radeon X1600PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

The motherboard supports 4x, and the card claims it is 4x/8x, so I assumed it would work with my computer. I plugged it in and it has an extra cable that came with it. The cable has one small plug which fits into the card. I have no idea where the other two go, but they will plug into each other, although I doubt this is how it should be installed.

When it is installed without the extra cables, it produces multicolored vertical lines on the monitor. Where do I go from here?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

the plugs if they are 4 pin then ONE plugs into a power supply dongle (same thing that plugs into hard drives etc) to provide card with enough power to run right

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds