Quick Format

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nick T, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey guys, my brain is failing me in old age, but I just did a full format of XP for a friend, and all went well until 1 minute after the Installing Windows portion, I received an error telling me to insert the disk which of course was already in there. My question is, since I just did a Full format, will it be ok if I just try again and do a Quick format instead ?? Thanks guys.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Take a really close look at the surface of the CD. Are there any scratches, gouges, finger prints? Make sure the surface of the CD is clean and free of any major scratches or gouges. The problem appears to be with the CD and not the hard drive.

If the CD is clean and free of any major defects, however, try cleaning the lens on the CDROM.

Since you already did a full format, a quick format would do fine.

3. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Thanks mdonah, after I posted I thought about the CD surface, and cleaned it, but I'm one who always does the full format, so I just needed that extra reassurance. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds