Quick Start-like Screensaver utility?

Discussion in 'Software' started by housiemousie2, Mar 25, 2007.

1. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

Hey Peoples,

I have an off the wall question...

I had a little program that was lost to a hard drive death and I don't remember who made it or its name. It isn't QuickStart, or at least the version of QuickStart that I just tried isn't like the old one was.
    The program would let me set my system screensaver to None (so it would never kick on by itself) but would let me pick a screensaver that would come on if I clicked either the desktop icon for the program, or the QuickLaunch icon.

I am only interested in freeware, and I mean that in the true sense of the term, and not the oft used version which should be called either trialware, adware, shareware... crippleware... you get the idea. lol Geez, look at me, I am preaching to the choir!

Anyway... any help would be... well... helpful!

Thanks for your time,
    housiemousie2

2. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

Anyone? Any ideas? lol Please? Pretty please? lol

3. krekerohan

krekerohan Private E-2

Try Stardustsoftware.com. Free Screen Saver Control 2003.

4. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

I will try that, Krekerohan. Thank you.

5. housiemousie2

housiemousie2 Corporal

Still wasn't what I was looking for, but it is better than nothing. Was so much nicer to just double click a QuickLaunch or Desktop icon and not have to do anything else... and still have it to where no screen saver would kick on by itself.

6. wjappe

wjappe Private E-2

Hi,
    I remember a small utility like that, I also can't seem to find it. I found a freeware program from a website "http://www.tucows.com/preview/240333" called Quick Start Screensaver 1.0 it doesn't seem to be supported anymore but it works.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds