Quick Tango Icons for Win Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by pondhopper, Mar 28, 2008.

1. pondhopper

pondhopper Private E-2

Nothin' major,just a question out of curiosity. Awhile back, I decided to try Tango icons from another site for my Win XP machine & when, I first came back on the internet- my Comodo Firewall informed me that shell32.dll was trying to access the internet, which I denied. Anyway, the icons didn't match my theme IMO, so I installed them later w/o a hitch.

But I don't know much & was wondering why Shell32.dll tried to do the accessing & apparently, via googling- nobody's ever had an issue with spyware in conjunction with the icons..to my knowledge.

Just curious

Thanks in advance!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Dont have a clearcut answer for you but at times some core OS files do flag up on a Firewall, its not that they are accessing the internet, but accessing the local network, a few defrag applications, O&O defrag for one I knwo uses tcp/ip to control its network capabilities and flags up in firewalls, but is not actually connecting to the net.

Off-hand thats my rough quick guess.

3. pondhopper

pondhopper Private E-2

^ Thanks, that's kinda what I thought, but even though I researched the install package beforehand- as best I could- I'm always leery about downloading programs from sites other than Majorgeeks et al, which I don't have much experience with. Thought I'd check here & see if anyone knew of any issues w/it.

So, thanks again, because I've kept the zipped icon package, in case I change themes in the future & want to use it :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds