quick time fatal error 2330

Discussion in 'Software' started by bellisimo, Apr 22, 2007.

1. bellisimo

bellisimo Private E-2

I've been trying to uninstall Quick Time for Win XP. It seems to be corrupted or, at least, it doesn't work for some reason.

When I try to repair it or uninstall it, it takes forever (20 minutes) for Windows to configure it and eventually I get this message- Fatal error
    code no. 2330

Can sombody please tell me how to uninstall Quick Time from my registry since I can't do it in Add Remove Programs?

Thanks in advance.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Try using CCLeaner before going into the registry to do it....safer. You can download CCLeaner if you don't already have it from here

Once installed click on Tools in the left menu bar and scroll down to the Quick Time application, then click on and finally click Run Uninstaller in the right hand menu bar.

After uninstallation click on Issue in left hand menu bar and Scan For Issues button at the bottom. This will clean up left over items from the registry.

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

From what I've read it is a problem with itunes, version 7 I believe. I use VLC media player to view QT media, no itunes or QuickTime installed on my personal pc, it always acted strangely. I need it mainly to view clips from a Kodak digital camera and a few Mac-PC comercials I've downloaded. Sure glad for VLC. Hope you can resove the issue. Google it, you are not alone.

4. bellisimo

bellisimo Private E-2

Thanks Bugballou & Lev,

I've tried that 3 times, Lev. After it chugs away slowly for about 20 min. I get a message saying:

Error writing to file: C:\Program
    Files\QuickTime\QT System\Quik.cpl. Verify that you have access to that directory.

Trouble is it's not giving me an option as to how and where I should verify it.
    Any thoughts out there folks?

Thanks,

Bellisimo

5. bellisimo

bellisimo Private E-2

After hours of fiddling with trying to repair or uninstall QuickTime I finally did a
    chkdsk /f and it fixed some things that made it possible for me to uninstall QT.

Problem solved. Thanks for your support.

Bellisimo

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds