QuickBooks Pro 2008 error when closing...

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jul 26, 2010.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

When closing Quickbooks Pro 2008, I get the error attached below (it's a "memory cannot be referenced" error). The following entries can be found in the Event Viewer:
    The research I've done to this point tells me this type of error has been very common with QuickBooks, back to at least 2002! So far, the only sign of a fix I've found has been to reload Windows, which is not really an option.... any help will be greatly appreciated!

(screen shot of the actual error is attache below . . . )

Attached Files:

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It's not my PC, and from what I understand, no, there has been no attempt to re-install QuickBooks. However, the research I've done tells me that this is a Windows problem, and not a QuickBooks problem. Also, the PC is running XP Pro SP2, so I'm going to start a repair install of Windows with SP3, and we'll see how it goes.....

Thanks for the links usafveteran, I'll give 'em a look . . . if anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to post! Thanks!
    ;)

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

. . . . well, the repair install of XP Pro SP3 did nothing to help the situation :cry so, since a clean install is probably on the horizon, I'm gonna start backing up data now. I've contacted the PCs owner and asked for the QuickBooks install disc(s), and I'll definitely try that first . . . again: ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:cry Yup - I backed up about 15gb of business data, formatted, and re-installed Windows and all their software (Office, QuickBooks, something called MediSoft, and a bunch of other stuff). Luckily, I kept notes on where on their data was originally stored (naturally, it wasn't in My Documents; couldn't make it easy) so I copied it back to where it should be, and everything seems to be OK....

(BTW- I even tried the built-in QuickBooks rebuild/repair option, and that didn't work either)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds