QuickTime - How to Uninstall?

Discussion in 'Software' started by starlight, Mar 15, 2004.

1. starlight

starlight Private E-2

I want to uninstall QuickTime (free v.6) that was installed 2-3 weeks ago. I've uninstalled it totally via Control Panel, and have deleted the registry key for that nuisance qttaske.exe at boot up. And I then additionally removed the entry in jv16PowerTools, via "Installed Software" as it still showed there.

I seem to think that an earlier version was also installed (and uninstalled) when I got this computer about 18 mnths ago.

If I run jv16PowerTools, Registry Finder, and do a search for QuickTime, there are still 100's of entries. Am I safe to delete all of these entries so's to get totally rid of this program?

Or any other suggestions?

TIA

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Hi Starlight
    What sort of files are these TEMP entries, INSTALL LOGS ???
    It may be painful but you will have to study each one make sure its definitely related to quicktime and delete them one by one
    Havent used powertools for a while but im sure it makes a back-up by default but just check your settings first,that way if another piece of software does play up you can restore your back up

Also have a look at what files you have on your drive through Windows Explorer and make sure Quicktime hasnt left a folder or anything behind

3. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hi Starlight. :) You might want to download RegSupreme here on Major Geeks. A lot of us use it and it's very fast and thouough. It also allows you to back up any changes you make (i.e. deleting reg entries.) before it takes action. I use it after every install/uninstall. Typically it finds anywhere from a dozen to a hundred or so orphaned registry keys. Usual warning applies: Always set a restore point and back up your files before you change anything in your registry. Good luck
    Bill

1 person likes this.
  4. NewbieJ

NewbieJ Private E-2

Hi, I had this problem since qiuet a long time... try to reinstall the new quicktime/itunes software again but giving me this problem... i tried to uninstall the whole quicktime but cannot uninstall totally... can anyone tell me what can be done? thanks~!

[​IMG]

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Welcome to MajorGeeks.

Start a New Thread, this one is 2 years old.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds