quicktime unistaller?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Port-O-San, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

I used to have a quicktime uninstaller but have lost it and the link - I know I got it from here a year or so ago, but cannot find it to save my hide!
    Hayulp!

2. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Many thanks, Softix!

This seems to be a wickedly pervasive program that resists uninstall - am going to seek an alternative.

Thanks and Blessings,
    Port-O-San

3. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Plodr - I used QT alternative from this site - but it claimed it IS quicktime and even asked me if I wanted to purchase Quicktime Pro = so it doesn't look like any "alternative" to me..............
    'splain me, please?????

Blessings,
    Port-O-San

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

They dont allow you to use your media player of choice, as they are not just a codec pack. They offer a slimmed down player of said apps, that don't install as much bloat, yet can play the same files. Legality has been a grey area in the past years, as neither Apple nor Real allows disassembly of their apps, and they do not distribute their codecs separately. Then there was that whole business of QT Alternative containing an illegal QT Pro key in it so it had access to all the codecs. Not sure if thats the case today.

As for that manual uninstall, its missing some information that has to be pulled from the registry. So I believe that post will be deleted.

Manual ripping from the registry is a very bad idea, unless you understand what is going on, and my thoughts are that is not the case here.

5. Port-O-San

Port-O-San Corporal

Well....... good shot at it, Steve-o
    and
    Now you've spooked me again, Adrynalyne = I picked the pieces out of the registry by hand already.
    Bright side is twofold = I've done alot of registry picking before - and - everything still works just fine (Adrynalyne is thinking "P.O.S. got lucky yet again").
    Hey, God looks after drunks, babies, and fools!
    Adrynalyne = your thorough, in depth description is well appreciated - from others I would have gotten half or less of the story usually - and I AM detail - oriented.
    Thanks and Blessings All!
    Port-O-San

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds