1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qytrew?

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by Movingarrows, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Movingarrows

Movingarrows Private E-2

hey everyone. I'm typing this using the on screen keyboard. For some reason, my computer makes beep sounds very erratically,and whenever I press QWERTY (any of those keys) it spells out QYTREW. this is a major annoyance, and I'm thinking doing a complete nuke of my hard drive. Can anyone suggest a solution? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I would first suggest trying a different keyboard....some keyboards are known to do this when pressing the q key.

3. Movingarrows

Movingarrows Private E-2

That may be the problem, but I've had this keyboard for 3 years.nd this just started. Also my F1 keys is always acting like it is being pressed down, even when it is not.

4. Movingarrows

Movingarrows Private E-2

Oh I also forgot to mention my keyboard works in Ubuntu, so I don't think it is a defect.

5. TimW

6. Movingarrows

Movingarrows Private E-2

I've done all of the scans, and the problem seems to have gone away. Thanks for the help.

7. TimW

The scans will remove a lot of problems, but without seeing the requested logs, I can not guaranty that you are clean.