Radeon 9700 and Television

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by padmedala9, Jun 19, 2005.

1. padmedala9

padmedala9 Private E-2

I'm trying to hook my computer with a Radeon 9700 Pro up to a Sony LCD Projection TV with a DVI to HDMI cable. When I sucessfully get the system to recognize the display, however, It won't let me change the resolution. It locks it to either 640x480 or 800x600 (Don't remember which). If I select "Force 720P Mode" somewhere in the advanced display options, it looks much better, but the resolution still isn't perfectly what it should be, the sides of the screen get cut off, and I still can't change any of it. Any thoughts?

2. G_Loc

G_Loc Private E-2

Get the latest ATI drivers. I had the same problem with my projection TV and the new drivers have a bigger resolution range. Use PowerStrip for further adjustment if necessary

3. padmedala9

padmedala9 Private E-2

I do have the latest drivers, but I will try powerstrip and see what I can do with that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds