Radeon AIW 8500 question

Discussion in 'Software' started by ItsWendy, May 22, 2007.

1. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

OK, everything was going well, I had just installed the ATI drivers, they were working perfect. Then I trashed my computer using the clean drive utilities in the C: drive utilities. If you red my posts in the software forum you know all about it.

Anyhow, I'm almost back to where I started, only the drivers won't install anymore. Actually, they install just fine, but I can't get the side functions like the TV to work.

So, should I

A>Remove all ATI software
    B>Use Restore point.
    C>Use the ATI uninstall software.
    D>Other.

Before I experiment I wanted to get some other points of view.

2. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

I tried option B first, no go.

Then I tried option A, so so

Then I tried option C, by this time my fustration was such I'm deleting .ini files and anything else associated with ATI. I may have damaged my OS, no obvious symptoms yet. Since I have it working it is technically a victory, so I may end up doing a reinstall just in case. Evidently the restore points don't remove everything, which was the root of my problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds