Radeon HD 3450 Black & White display..

Discussion in 'Software' started by cerial, Jul 27, 2009.

1. cerial

cerial Private E-2

hey folks,

something weird is going on with my laptop.

HP dv5, XP x64, Radeon HD 3450 with modded catalyst 9.2.

I was trying out the new catalyst suite (9.7) and when i opened up the new control center, it changed my display from color to b&w. so i rolled back the driver and control center version, but still have B&W display.

But there's one more weird thing going on. the display is playing videos in full color, and it seems some folders are displaying in color, just all the OS is in B&W!

any ideas how i might fix it?

thanks

bren

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:confused That's weird. Maybe something got messed up in the theme being used. Try using one of the other themes listed, or create your own custom theme by using the Appearance tab in Display Properties. If you click the Advanced button, you can change the colors for just about anything, but since you're currently in B&W, this will be a tad tricky, so I attached a snapshot of what the default color palate looks like. Obviously you'll need to view this on a PC with normal color rendition, and print it on a color printer if possible for reference.... I hope this helps.... good luck!

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds