Radeon vs GeForce.. Which is better for gaming?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TacticalSiege, Jun 22, 2011.

1. TacticalSiege

TacticalSiege Private E-2

Well on Monday i am wanting to spend about £100 on a new GPU. Now i've always used GeForce but since this upgrade will bring my GPU up to spec with the rest of my rig and be a pretty good gaming system i want to make the right decision but i am really unsure as to which brand to select. I don't want to get Radeon if it is going to have compatability issues.

I don't even know which model to get, i've been through websites like ComputerOrbit and PC World and they're pretty good prices but, as you can understand, i will be paying £100 for it so i'd like to get something for that price but that's also moderately good.

My rig, so far is:
    GA-77OT-D3L motherboard
    650 WATT PSU
    2Gig DDR3 RAM
    3.01 Ghz AMD x64 Quad Core

So something that would go nicely with that would be good, i know i can play Crysis on my current rig but my current graphics card is really letting me down, i can play most modern games on it with pretty good settings but yeh my GPU is letting me down :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds