Radeon X300

Discussion in 'Software' started by Redcoat-Mic, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Redcoat-Mic

Redcoat-Mic Private E-2

I have an ATI Radeon X300 graphics card and I have Windows XP Media Centre Edition, I have tried to download the drivers myself but I find it impossible to navigate the ATI website and my friend download the apparent correct drivers from there but they damaged his computer. Please help, thanks. :)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Redcoat-Mic

Redcoat-Mic Private E-2

Well most of the graphics on his games appeared as solid blocks of colours.

4. DavidGP

Ah more the sign of the wrong drivers opposed to a fatal card failure.

5. Redcoat-Mic

Redcoat-Mic Private E-2

Apoligise for the double post and the nooby question.

Is it the catalyst drivers I need to download? And if so why even when I select Radeon does it say the drivers are for all ALL-IN-WONDER?

6. DavidGP

What double post and nooby question? your questions are very valid.

Mmmmm I get this Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP Media Center Edition - Driver Download when clicking Radeon and also in the Release notes it states this

It does make a mention to the All-In-One cards but more for they need different drivers and/or addons from your manufacturer, as you dont have an all in one it shouldnt apply to you.

Note it also states you need the .NET Framework version 1.1 and this you can get by going to windows update... or check your Add/Rmove list to see if you already have it?

7. Redcoat-Mic

Redcoat-Mic Private E-2

Thank you greatly Halo, you've been a massive help and I couldn't have done it without you. :D

8. DavidGP

No probs :)

Yeah you would have it just takes a little bit of reading..... ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds