Radeon X600 drivers not working

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dreldan, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Dreldan

Dreldan Private E-2

Ok so i recently purchased a new PC, i was going to build it myself but the local business would do it for free if i bought all the parts at they're shop which i was going to do anyways, and it would also come with one of their store warranties, so i went ahead and had them build it. Anways i picked out a radeon x600 PCI express video card they didnt give me a box or a book or anything that went with the video card sept a CD with drivers on it, now the CD is a MSI driver's cd. When i install the drivers they work fine.. but i cant find any way to update the drivers and i know useing the old drivers cant be that good and i could probably increase performance and what not if i updated them. This is where im stuck, i cant find any drivers that seem to work, MSI doesnt seem to have drivers. When i install ATI catalyst drivers it works but i get some CLI.exe error every time i boot up. Im not sure what to do i cant seem to find the right drivers for this card. It is a Radeon x600 PC express card. Im not even sure its a MSI card or what... when i look at the card it has no logo's on it or anything its just a red video card with a fan on the underside.

My motherboard is the ASUS A8V-E SE, not sure if you need that info, just thought i'd throw it out there.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Install EVEREST and once installed click display > GPU and next to Video Apapter it hopefully will give a clue as to who made the card ( eg. mine
    Video Adapter MSI G4Ti4400 (MS-8871) )

also do you have the .NET package from Microsoft installed? ( you can find this out by looking in Add/Remove list ) if not then goto windows update and install .NET 1.1 ( and a possible update ) and .NET 2.0 as these are needed for the ATI control panel to work .. CLI.exe is the ATI control panel app.

3. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

Hi Dreldan
    If you don't like .NET, your card might run fine with the Catalyst 5.10 drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds