Radeon X800 XT PE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dark_Oppressor, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Dark_Oppressor

Dark_Oppressor Private First Class

What is going on with ATI's Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition? Their website says that the card was to be released in June. Well, here we are, July 10th and no graphics card. I can't find it to be purchased anywhere, and that include ATI's own site. Does anyone have any idea when the card will be released. I currently have a piece of crap for a graphics card, and I want a new one!

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

newegg shows an eta of 7/13 on a PowerColor one.

So I'm guessing in the next week :D

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

well unless you have a really high end p4 or amd64 you wont get the most out of the x800s

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Actually, I thought the release date was for the X800 Pro anyway. The X800 XT PE was to follow shortly after.

5. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

yeah, that AND it's the high-end product, which is likely to have slightly less good yields and as such won't be available in such large quantities as the Pro, so practice patience, or buy an X800 Pro.

6. Dark_Oppressor

Must..... be.... PATIENT!! It's hard, and I want my video card. I have an Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 w/ 128 mB right now. I also can't wait for Half LifeĀ², but until I get my card, there's little point in buying any next-gen games.

7. Snuffles

Snuffles Private First Class

I'm guessing with even the high end the processor is still going to hold back the card some, just not as drastically as it would be with the low end.

8. Dark_Oppressor

Yeppers. These cards pwn :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds